Friday, June 29, 2018

Overwhelmed By Polish 6/29/2018

I went through my polishes this week and sold 20 of them last night. I also tossed another dozen or so in my destash pile. What's weird is that I've been holding on to several polishes from Sally Hansen's Triple Shine line thinking I loved and needed them. Over and over again I'd look at them and decide I couldn't part with them - this has been going on for months - and yet last night, I tossed every single one into the bin. No regrets. They almost disgusted me.

What in the world?

I want to have that feeling again and often when it comes to my polish. My excuse for keeping so many of them is, "I might want to wear that color in the future!" I say that even about the polishes that I pass over time and time again when trying to decide what to wear next. Oh, and another excuse is, "But I haven't worn it yet! I can't get rid of it until I've at least tried it on!" The quick fix for that could very well be to just swatch it on my bare nail and decide right then and there. But I very rarely test-swatch on my own nails. I don't enjoy repeat-removing polish. It's abusive. I sincerely appreciate the girls who do that for us on Youtube, but ya girl ain't having it. There's a reason I almost never break a nail. I will say though that on Tuesday night, I did swatch on my bare nails a bunch of the sugar-textured polishes from Sally Hansen before deciding which ones to purge. I started with 18 and kept only three. That particular texture looks best in jewel-toned colors, but the one Sugar Shimmer I kept was a light mint. I loved the way it looked on me.

I have eight Helmers full of polish, and my overflow is in storage boxes on top of the them. My dream is to get down to just one Helmer drawer...that would be amazing. I'd have to quit Youtube, I think. Let's face it, I kind of already have, haven't I? I just haven't been in the mood to film. The mere thought is dreadful to me.

What is up with that anyway? I clearly still love polish, so much so that I never leave home without it, and I even enjoy writing about it from time to time! But talking about it on camera? No. Not right now. Talking at all on camera is just a NO for me right now. It feels like depression but I don't think that's what it is. I'm still figuring it out...

Anyway, until next time, STAY BLESSED!

XOXOXO - Jess




No comments:

Post a Comment