Friday, February 22, 2019

Less is More...2/22/19

I was looking at floor plans and picture galleries of places I could see myself living in some day, and a thought came to my mind: "I can't see eight Helmers in this place." After looking at a few more places, that thought was replaced by another one: "I don't WANT to see eight Helmers in this place!" 

What's worse is that my polish madness is not confined to those eight Helmers. I  have junk stacked on top of them, too. Junk I'll probably never use, but that I keep anyway - just in case, of course...

Last week, I was so fed up with my borderline hoarding tendencies, that I started cleaning out purses from my closet, too. I want less of everything - but on my own terms. God forbid that something tragic should happen in my life where I'd actually have to sell or get rid of everything. That would be awful. 

What I'd love to do is truly declutter and simplify my life and my home, period. I'd love to only have five of everything (eventually): dishes, cups, sets of silverware, etc. Five purses (laughable, but still). Five pairs of shoes. Why five? I have no idea. 

What I don't want is five Helmers of polish. I once thought it would be amazing to only have one - but, let me tell you, I just don't see that happening! Two, though...I think two is possible - ambitious indeed, but possible.

The OPI destash project was tough. Too often I'd think I found a candidate for the destash pile only to realize that the color was discontinued and/or not easy (or cheap) to find anymore. So, of course, I had to keep it...even if I wasn't 100 percent convinced that the color actually looked good on me. Sigh. I've worn Parlez-Vous OPI? (not ever a candidate for destash btw) once, years ago, and I didn't like the way it looked on me. But it's still sitting in that drawer, isn't it? Ugh. 

Anyway, I managed to get the OPI collection down to one slightly overfilled drawer - but I'm working on whittling it down even further as I try on some more widely available shades. I was almost relieved last night when I put on Funny Bunny - a shade that I LOVE the still-see-through-after-three-coats quality of - and realized that it was a bit too much of a pain to work with and not worth the end result (still uneven/streaky). I say that, but in the back of my mind, I wonder if maybe I could try again to make it work. I mean...I was in a little bit of a hurry putting it on...and I only had one coat of base coat on...so maybe the base wasn't smooth enough...or something! Sigh. Whatever the case may be, it still looks beautiful when topped with Over The Toptober by Moon Shine Mani: JessikaTPQ Instagram.

So that's where my mind is these days. Figuring out how to minimize the amount of stuff in my life. Pray for me. I need it.

Until next time, stay blessed!


XOXOXO - Jess






No comments:

Post a Comment