Wednesday, July 11, 2018

OPI I Just Can't Cope-Acabana & To Be Or Not To Beagle & Mismatched Nail Action 7/11/18

I initially came here to blow off some steam before starting my day. I feel chatty yet I have no idea what I want to say. I just know that writing often calms me, therefore, here I is.

I'm currently wearing a truly stunning yellow from OPI called I Just Can't Cope-Acabana, which my husband selected from a wheel of OPI colors I gave him from which to choose for me. When he chose it, I was slightly disappointed (I don't love yellow), but as I continued looking through my OPI's, I spotted a topper that was gifted to me probably almost four years ago by a lovely lady named Hannah. I'd heard about and had seen the topper on videos but never actually wanted to buy it. It was crazy how hard I fell for this thing when it actually came into my possession though. It really makes a mani look like art! The first time I wore it, it was over a gray polish and that mani was just spectacular! But now look at it over this yellow! I mean, I can't even!!! Also, believe it or not, this is only two coats! The first coat was streaky, but the second went on nicely and evenly enough to stop!


OPI I Just Can't Cope-Acabana & To Be Or Not To Beagle - TWO COATS!

OPI I Just Can't Cope-Acabana & To Be Or Not To Beagle





You may or may not know this, but, the nails on my left hand are always longer than the ones on my right. That's because, well, the nails and cuticles on my right hand just don't behave the way the ones on my left do. The ones on my right hand peel more often and they grow way more slowly - probably because they peel more often! Nevertheless, I consciously keep them shorter, even when they are behaving well and growing nicely. I'm right-handed and I need at least one hand that I can work with easily; as a result, I'm probably a lot less careful when using it, too...

You should also know that I have a soft spot in my heart for rounded nails. However, my followers on IG much prefer my nails in the soft square or "squoval" shape, so I've been keeping my nails that shape for a while. I'll admit it's pretty and looks nicer in pictures, but there is something so comforting and nice about the round nail shape to me. Tuesday of last week, I had a thought: I already had somewhat mismatched nails in length, so why not give the nails on my right hand a different shape, too? So that's what I did! People hate it, or just don't prefer it, but I LOVE it. Seriously, it gives me warm fuzzy feelings. I think if I ever get to the point where I quit all social media, I'd keep them rounded. In spite of the fact that even my husband prefers them squoval!


ROUNDED NAILS!


So, there you have evidence of the cuticle mess that is happening to my right hand. It's so difficult to keep those things looking good, so I often resent my own right hand LOL! However, now that her nails are rounded, I love her again, despite her flaws :). To be fair though, this shape is much more sustainable in that it's much harder to break or split nails that are in this shape. Perhaps they'll grow and maybe even stop peeling now that they look like this. We shall see!

Am I the only one out here who likes to keep her nails two different lengths AND shapes?

Until next time, Be Blessed!

XOXOXO - Jess


No comments:

Post a Comment