Wednesday, August 1, 2018

Addicted To Woody...Plus Weird Things...8/1/18

So what's been keeping my chin down and any interest in normal every day life activities to an absolute minimum? This game called Woody. It's like an unforgiving game of Tetris with no undo's, save-for-laters or idea of what three pieces you're going to get next. I have no idea what attracts me to this extremely unpleasant game, but it's what's been occupying way too much of my time these days.

My daughter is home from school for three weeks. We drove up to New York last Friday to get her. On the way back, we stopped in Scranton, PA, cuz, The Office, but there's really no Office-related stuff to see there. We ended up eating at a diner called Sharon's Place, where we split a single three-egg omelet between the three of us, because, we're not vegan anymore, apparently, but still don't care to make eggs and meat the focus of our lives. We also had our own servings of home fries and pancakes (husband had french toast). I only ate one of the two pancakes I was served because one was rubber and the other was perfect. My husband said his french toast tasted like "old shoe." The waitress told us they had a new cook who was still learning the ropes when she noticed one of my pancakes was completely uneaten. She took it off our check.

Now I'm thinking about pancakes...did I ever tell you that I really LOVE pancakes, but rarely get to eat them? Also, I'm really picky about them - I don't eat just any old random pancakes. They gotta be just right. How my fork sinks into a pancake tells me all I need to know about it's edibility. If I don't like my fork's report, it ain't going in my mouth.

Anyway, after the diner, we visited the Everhart Museum and then took a short hike on the Scranton Lake walking trail. I was a sweaty disgusting mess - listen, it really was extremely hot and humid, and I NEVER do anything outdoors but walk to and from modes of transportation in that kind of weather. The fact that I didn't whine and complain the entire way was really quite shocking - the fact that I didn't even think about wanting to whine and complain, even shockinger (yes, made up word). Even my husband was impressed with my participation in this unexpected torture - I mean, family activity. It was something he wanted to do and I just went with it, no complaints, just resolve to get 'er done ("'er" being the hike itself in case you didn't get what I was saying :)).

My sister was texting me all day yesterday, and the things she was saying to and about me felt foreign. I don't recognize this sister she says she has in me. You know, if you think about it, people don't really get to hear how other people feel about them very often - or maybe it's just my experience. But, to hear her speak, I'm really something special. To read that she actually misses being around me is just plain weird. I love and miss her, too, of course, but she's actually likable, so it makes sense.

I never think anyone wants to be near me - except for Jason, of course; but then again, I'm the possessor of the vagina he likes so much, so, you know, necessity. I'm kidding. He's been inexplicably obsessed with me since way before he had access to that. Then again, God jive-like created him specifically for me so that doesn't count.

Anyway, that's all I have for now :)

Until next time, stay blessed!

XOXOXO - Jess








No comments:

Post a Comment