Saturday, August 11, 2018

Breaking From Social Media/New Nail Shape/Sally Hansen Metro Midnight

I made the decision to take a break from social media a few days ago: from Instagram and Facebook mostly. I'm barely on Twitter anyway, but I won't be sharing my new blogs to it like I was doing previously. I won't go into why I did this. I barely even know really. I just needed to step away and give my eyes a rest from those sites. I even deleted the apps from my phone to avoid temptation.

On Friday, I decided to reshape my nails. They're now somewhat almond-shaped? I only did it to my left hand because you need a little length in order to make it work. I'm waiting for the nails on my right hand to grow out before doing the same to them, though knowing me, I'll be sick of this shape before that happens. In the meantime, my Cinderella nails are squoval - yes, squoval. The last time I spoke about them, I'd rounded them out, but then I changed them back about a week or two later.

I spent all day out and about enjoying my husband yesterday. I'd taken my polish off on Thursday night to paint my nails on Friday, but I ended up just going naked for the entire day - I NEVER do this! Here's a picture of my newly shaped naked nails, flaws and all:

Naked Nails

I've never been able to leave the house with naked nails and NOT come back home with peeling or chips on my nails. However, since I went back to using Simply Pure Nail Oil, my nails have been doing great. They survived the entire day with zero issues, and I didn't feel like I had to be super extra careful with them either, which is crazy.

While we were out, I got the idea to stop at Rite Aid to look for Metro Midnight from the Sally Hansen Miracle Gel line. My husband drove me all around town a couple of weeks ago looking for this polish at CVS's only, because I wanted to use Extra Bucks. No luck. They simply didn't carry it. Yet my first and only visit to a Rite Aid - right by my house no less - was victorious! There was only one left, too! I ended up getting 20 percent off during Rite Aid's Friends and Family sale. I still paid more than I would have if I could have used EBs, but I don't regret it.

This polish is opaque in two coats, but, I like the color better in three, so that's what I did. I also accented my thumb and ring fingers with Colores De Carol's Camellia, which looks gorgeous over this slightly mauvey lilac holographic. I NEED Sally Hansen to create an entire collection or three of holographics in all kinds of colors: olive, dark blue, light blue, deep purple, orange, deep green, and so on and so forth. This shade is super chic, though I can't say it's good for all skin tones. It very barely looks decent on my light, neutral, olive skin, but I LOVE her anyway.

Sally Hansen Miracle Gel Metro Midnight - Natural Daylight
Colores De Carol Camellia on Top of Ring Finger

Sally Hansen Miracle Gel Metro Midnight - Natural Daylight
Colores De Carol Camellia on Top of Ring Finger

Sally Hansen Miracle Gel Metro Midnight - Indoors with Flash
Colores De Carol Camellia on Top of Ring Finger

As I said before, this polish is impossible to find in CVS stores, but I've heard several people mention finding it at Rite Aid and even Kmart. Ulta is also selling it on their website. I love when a mainstream brand goes out of their comfort zone and does something like this. It might not be special to more experienced polish connoisseurs, particularly those of us who frequently shop indie polish, but for Sally Hansen, it's special, and I'm happy to have her in my collection.

Until next time, Be Blessed!

XOXOXO - Jess

No comments:

Post a Comment