Wednesday, August 8, 2018

Rainbows And Unicorns...8/8/18

Today is my wedding anniversary. My husband and I have been married for eight years...it feels nowhere near that long...

In spite of the fact that we're two incredibly different people with different mindsets, interests, patience levels, backgrounds and upbringings, I look at him and see the very extension of my being... like, he IS me and I AM him...and yet I don't feel like we've known each other since 2004, been a couple since 2007, been married since 2010. He still feels new and foreign - I still can't believe that he's my husband - and yet he's so very familiar. Does that make any sense?

It's weird. I don't consider people property, and I certainly don't treat them that way (anymore), but I look at my husband and all I can think is, "Mine!" And yet, some days, I look at him and I'm like, "Is this my husband for real? This beautiful, kind, hilarious, sexy, loving and affectionate man actually chose to marry me and chooses to stay with me every day? How did I get so blessed?"

This man makes me laugh hysterically at least once every single day; I don't know how he does it. In my mind, he goes out of his way to do and say things to make me laugh. However, the other day when we were talking about how much fun we have with each other, he let me know that it's second nature to him; that he barely even thinks about it anymore, it just happens. He loves my laugh, too. I don't like it, and I've encountered people in public who were super annoyed by it, but when he sees that, he just makes me laugh even more. He thinks it's hilarious to further annoy people who, in his mind, are just bitter because they can't laugh like I do LOL!

I don't mean to paint this rainbows-and-unicorns-picture of my marriage. It's just that at the end of the day, the good always outweighs the bad. We forgive each other quickly. We touch, kiss, play and say we love each other every day. We still say please and thank you. We do little things for each other and consider each other. We enjoy each other's company and don't take it personally when we would prefer to be alone sometimes to do what we like to do, watch what we like to watch. Our tastes in TV are SO different. His interests are far more varied than mine, I tend to repeat watch movies and stick to only certain kinds of shows. But, we do sometimes come together to watch trash shows like 90 Day Fiance and Married At First Sight. I know, don't judge us! Oh, and as for non-trash shows we love to watch together, there's MasterChef, MasterChef Junior, some game shows (I really love Family Feud!) and The Walking Dead, yes! Not trash, just good :).

In short, we adore being together, yet respect each other's individuality. I love that about us.

Happy Eighth Anniversary to US! I pray we have infinity more!

Until Next Time, Be Blessed!

XOXOXO - Jess







No comments:

Post a Comment