Wednesday, June 20, 2018

China Glaze Pack Lightly & Golden Enchantment

I have a ridiculously large collection of polishes. It's my fault, but due to the vast number of choices, there's a bit of a stress factor involved when the time comes to change up my manicure. So, what I often do is set my mind on a brand, and then go from there.

As you can see from the title, China Glaze was my choice this week. I'd only intended to use one polish, but then opted to add a topper to one nail. I often do this with creme polishes to kind of break up the monotony that is the creme polish finish to me. I chose a gold holographic glitter topper because there is supposed to be some really amazing copper shimmer in Pack Lightly. However, the glow you really wish was there, isn't, unless you really look for it in direct flash or sunlight. I thought that adding the gold glitter topper might bring it out or something, or at least complement the polish.

China Glaze's Golden Enchantment, by the way, is the gold version of their Fairy Dust, which used to be my most favorite scattered holo topper - until I discovered CND's Out the Door Hologram top coats. I had both the silver and gold versions, but I've sadly run out of them. The reason I prefer the latter is because they are thinner in consistency, don't dry out until they get to the very bottom, and  also double as my fast-drying top coats. The only con is you have to shake them up before each use, as the glitters sink to the bottom. The China Glaze offerings are equally beautiful and don't require shaking, however, they run quite thick, dry out quickly, and I still have to apply top coat to them after application.

Back to the mani - I don't quite like the look of the glitter in regular lighting (it looks kind of dirty). However, in direct light, it looks pretty, in my opinion:


China Glaze: Pack Lightly with Golden Enchantment on accent nail
My hands actually look that dark in some lighting (first picture), thanks to spending quite a bit of time in the sun last week and this past weekend. And when I say quite a bit, I mean, quite a bit for ME because ya girl avoids the sun like the plague. If I spend 20 minutes out that joint two days in a row, I'm gonna get some color. And last week, I spent over an hour on one day watching the parade in DC to celebrate the Caps winning the Stanley Cup, another day I went for a walk in it for another hour, and this past Saturday, I was in China Town in DC for a little bit with my beautiful husband and brother in law. 

Anyway, the first photo is a more true depiction of how it looks on me in normal lighting. I guess it's a peach color but it does run a bit more on the pink side on my skin. When adding the gold glitter, it turns it into a more pastel orange-peach. 

The formula on Pack Lightly was interesting. It applied so nicely and had a medium to thick consistency. However, this polish absolutely refused to self-level. So, after three coats, you can still see some dark/uneven spots if you look closely. I still really adore the color and don't regret buying, wearing or keeping it, as I do intend to do. Also, my ring finger actually only has two coats of Pack Lightly with two coats of Golden Enchantment on Top. 

What are some polishes you own that don't quite behave as they should, but that you can't bear to part with because you love the way they look on you so much? I have several in my collection for sure! 

Until next time, Stay Blessed!

XOXOXO - Jess


No comments:

Post a Comment