Friday, June 15, 2018

CND Creative Play Nail Lacquer: Miss Purplelarity

So here goes another nail polish post...

My husband wanted to go to Gabe's on Wednesday, where I immediately targeted the nail polish section. It's been a few months since I've been there, but they do often have deeply discounted polish from varying brands. Last time, there were a lot of Sally Hansen Complete Salon Manicure polishes for something like $2.50 or $3.00, and some $5 kits with Sinful Colors polishes in them. This time, there were quite a few Essies for $3.99, mostly from the Fall 2017 collection. There were also some Julep polishes for $2.99! I've never seen Julep polish in a discount store before so that was really something. 

Then I ran across a brand I'd never heard of before - correction: I've heard of CND, of course! I've seen their polishes, used/use Out The Door, and I even have a small bottle of their Solar Oil on my bedside table (that I keep forgetting to use  :\) - I just didn't know about this Creative Play line from them - and they're only $1.99! They had a few shades, but the one that really stole my heart was a deep purple heavily packed with silver shimmer. The shimmer is so abundant, I can't tell if the base color is just a creme purple or a metallic purple. At the time I spotted this, I was wearing that bright neon pink from Nine Zero Lacquer that I LOVE, and yet I could not resist this deep beauty and could not wait to put her on!

It wasn't until I got her in the car that I looked to see what her name was, and what a name she has! I introduce you to the very stunning, very easy-to-apply, purple-lover's dream of a polish, Miss Purplelarity:


I mean...just look at her!!! And I'm not kidding about that name! Look!


I'd probably have spelled it Miss Purplarity for simplicity's sake, but that would have been sad because I adore the way this spelling looks :)

I was so desperate to get this color on last night before bed (would have put it on the same night but we got home so late) that I didn't even oil my nails after taking off the previous mani - HUGE NO-NO! Leaving that step out too many times between manis causes my nails to peel. The desperation continues: I only put on ONE coat of base coat - what?! Who even AM I? Anyway, I followed that that with two easy coats of color and one of a bubblegum scented top coat from Purple Willow Apothecary and I was done! This was probably the quickest mani I've done in years. I need a full 90 minutes most days to do my full pamper session and six to seven layers of polish. Last night however, I was done in maybe 30 minutes and only put on four layers total - it's unheard of really...

This polish did not disappoint. Like I said, they had several other shades there, a milky-looking neutral, some solid colors and even a shimmery teal, but this was the standout for me. I'm sure I have other purples this shade, but this finish and formula? I don't think so. I love this so much!

If you're reading this and you feel like it, I'd love it if you told me what your favorite purple polish of life is at the moment, or just the name of the last purple polish you wore. I feel a wave of consecutive purple manis coming on...but now that I've said it, it'll probably pass LOL!

Until next time, stay blessed!

XOXOXO - Jess


No comments:

Post a Comment