Wednesday, June 6, 2018

Throwback Polish: Sally Hansen Diamond Strength: Bridal Shower 6/6/18

I was feeling a bit nostalgic the other day and set it in my mind that I must wear something older from my collection. I've had this polish for years - and yes, this was my first time wearing it. Sigh. It's embarrassing to admit just how many hundreds of polishes are sitting in drawers never having been worn. I also try my best not to repeat-wear anything in the same year. I used to have a rule not to repeat-wear anything ever until every single polish has been worn, but I've failed at that a couple of times, justifying the decision with the fact that I hadn't worn it in over a year. But how crazy is it that I can go a whole year and still not wear everything that I have in my collection? 


Anyway, this beauty was interesting to apply. The brush was narrower than what I'm used to from Sally Hansen, but still very workable. So, while it took a few more strokes than usual, it applied well. It was medium-thick in consistency and was very nearly perfectly opaque in one coat. I opted for two to ensure longevity. 

I may just be imagining it, but I think that adding top coat dulled down the color of this beauty a smidgen. I recall it being a bit brighter before top coat..hmm...anyway, the end result is still pretty and makes me feel like such a girl :) I also kind of love this bottle. It's so old school, I know, and the little gem is borderline if not entirely cheesy, but still: I love it!

What are some of your favorite throwback shades? 


No comments:

Post a Comment