Wednesday, June 13, 2018

Nine Zero Lacquer Watermelon Juice 6/13/18

Soooo...Nine Zero Lacquer has five new polishes out at the moment. Three polishes extending her Smoothie Bar line, which is a line of super beautiful crellies with black shard glitters in them, and two spaced-themed polishes. I IMMEDIATELY wanted to buy all of them. However, I'm trying to do better with my spending habits, so, I instead went into my NZL Helmer drawer and pulled out the three Smoothie Bar polishes that I already had, but that - you guessed it - I hadn't worn yet. I needed help deciding though, so I asked the husband to help, and he picked this one. He said, "That pink is poppin'!" which I thought was adorable :).


When I put the bottle up against my skin, I just knew that this was going to be an immediate destash. Not because it wasn't pretty on its own, but because when worn against my skin tone, it was doomed to be disastrous. But nah, yo...I don't care if anyone actually thinks it looks disastrous on me, because when I put that first coat on, I about lost my mind!

I mean, just LOOK AT IT!!!


First off, the formula was bangin'! Super perfect. I was able to get this perfectly even and opaque in two coats on eight of my 10 fingernails. For some reason, two nails on my right hand required a third...I must not have been paying attention to the thickness of the coat going on when I did those. It was so smooth and easy, I just assumed the amount of polish I had on my brush was enough to do the job. Secondly, most importantly, and lastly, I LOVED the way this color looked on my skin! It's a cooler-toned pink, and I have this bad habit of thinking that I have a warm skin tone. I don't. If anything, it's a weird neutral with olive undertones or whatevers. So, some cool-toned colors look pretty good on me, and, in my opinion, this is one of them. I think it helps that it has those black shards in it...it kind of tones down the punch-in-your-face-neon effect that this pink can have on the eyeballs. I literally cannot stop looking at my nails!



I don't know what's happening to me that I am falling in love with pinks lately. I had two love affairs with pinks last year and now this. What the heck? To add insult to injury, I watched a video from Jodi Loves Polish today where she reviewed an upcoming collection from Noodles Nail polish, and of all the beautiful things I saw, the one pink she showed called Aloha legit made my heart flutter. What the heck is this?!?! I have no idea....

And let's address the huge elephant in the blog: I thought I was going to concentrate on personal content here with only a sprinkling of polish here and there - and yet this is my third polish-related post in two weeks? That's out of six posts...that's half. Half the dang posts are nail polish!!!

I think writing about my individual manicures helps me appreciate what I have a little more, and make me not miss/lust after what I don't have as much. Who knows? I guess I don't care. I'ma do what I like, when I like, and how I like to do it...:).

Until next time, stay blessed!

XOXOXO - Jess












No comments:

Post a Comment